I made this dinner for when H came for the weekend, served with a salad and some wedges. I saw something similar on Facebook but there was no tomato, I knew there had to be tomato in ours! It was a massive hit and I knew it would become a regular meal. It can be easily adapted to suit various diets or replaced with part baked rolls or ciabatta to increase/decrease portions. I grant you it does look a little 'meh' but honestly it's delicious.
I'm giving you the recipe for 1 baguette (portion) just increase as necessary
Ingredients - 1 half baguette (serves 1)
1 part bake baguette
1 tbsp low fat cream cheese
1 tbsp sour cream
2-3 tbsp tomato sauce (I used my basic recipe)
Filling(s) of choice
Sprinkle of grated cheese
1. Heat oven to 160oC.
2. Start by scooping out the inside of the baguette. Keep the bread to make croutons!
3. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes to firm up the base.
4. Whilst the bread is cooking, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and pepper.
5. Spread tomato sauce over the bottom then add your filling of choice.
6. Spread over your cream cheese mixture and top with grated cheese.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, do let cool slightly especially for children as the cream cheese does get hot.
Like this? You can find all our family friendly meals here.