For some time I've been looking at making a simple weather chart for T and this afternoon, with half an hour spare we got to work.
Here's what we did incase you'd like to make one for yourself!
You will need:
A paper plate
A split pin
A pipe cleaner
A small bead
Weather images, if you are using them
I used this free weather word mat from Twinkl and cut out the weather icons we wanted to use although you could drawn your own pictures.
1. Cut out your images and stick to the paper plate or drawn your images directly onto the plate.
2. Cut out a simple arrow shape from craft foam and punch a hole, attach to the centre of the plate using the split pin.
3. Cut out a rectangle of craft foam, punch a hole at either end.
4. Draw a red line upwards and write the word 'HOT' draw a blue line down and write the word 'COLD'.
5. Thread the bead onto the pipe cleaner and thread through the holes on the foam temperature indicator.
And that's it, you now have a nice simple weather chart for your little one to change each day.